Sunday, February 19, 2012

DIY Easy Hand Painted Vases

easy hand painted vases, upcycled vases


I discovered this crafty blog,  Little Gray Fox, on Pinterest and saw these super cute vases and wanted to try this myself!




DIY easy hand painted vases


               I had these cheap florist vases and I got three bottles of acrylic craft paint






I just squirted the contents of two bottles of craft paint into my smaller vase and slowly and patiently swirled the thick paint around until everything was covered. You can help it along with a paint brush; I just used my fingers. Then I drained it into my larger vase; set it upside down for a few minutes and then wiped off the rim and set it upright to dry. I then squirted the last bottle into my big vase and repeated the process; draining it upside down on paper towels.




hand painted vases, home decor
                                 
                                             Now I have some gorgeous vases !


Note: these are decorative vases; do not put water in them!  For a dishwasher safe version of this project see this great tutorial on this fun blog,  Sugar and Charm




Feel free to post links to your vase projects below; I would love to see them!

12 comments:

  1. Love these so much. Might run out to Michael's Now in my PJ's just to do this!!! The blue vases are my favorite. I tweeted this. :) I have to pin this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen Mary Butterfly; couldn't find you on Pinterest, feel free to post your links here!

      Delete
  2. Love this Heather! Easy decorative pieces..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! They are pretty and super simple!

      Delete
  4. I love these vases, thanks for sharing, they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, your vases are super gorgeous! I was just looking at your Etsy shop. Wow! You are so talented. Again, I noticed your wonderful use of colour. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucille, thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete