Saturday, December 15, 2012

Recycle, Reuse, Remake, Repurpose... Upcycle!

upcycled wall art
The original upcycled bottle cap mosaic

A repurposed blog post about upcycling upcycled art!  I just had some fun with photos of my upcycled bottle cap mosaic. See directions on my original post about  bottle cap art to make one of these yourself!



I took a bunch of photos and got this blurred one that is perfect for the background on my Tumblr blog! I am lucky I have a mac and just used iphoto to increase the saturation and reduce the noise to get an interesting effect.

repurposed art




The cool thing about 3-d art  you can take pictures at different angles that can be reused for various things or you can just frame it and hang it!

upcycling bottle caps



This one I used Gimp, a free photo editing program similar to photoshop, to posterize and play with the hues.  I really like how it looks but I am not sure where I'm going to use it yet!

recycled-wall-art

So, whether it is a blog post, art or photo it is okay to upcycle or repurpose! How do you reuse or repurpose? Please share you ideas here!


4 comments:

  1. Love where you are going with GIMP! It has the potential of being a great pop art picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pearl. I really need to learn more about GIMP!

      Delete
  2. Hi;
    I follow via Twitter. Love your Stuff, I like reusing brown paper that comes in my Stampin Up! orders. I put the paper under books for a few days, then create the brown envelopes for some of my Vintage cards. I also am using the paper for the goodie bags on my very first market stall 23, March 2013. I should have pictures soon of the bags, I have cut them out but need to assemble and stamp.
    Will blog and tweet them once I finish.

    Oh and as I am a painter, I use all the trays I get at butchers and Veg shops for my paint pallets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warratahstree, Thanks so much! I can't wait to see your project! I save a lot of paper myself; usually for punching flowers for my packaging:)

      Delete